Travellers from some countries will need to obtain a visa before they will be able to enter Germany. Information on who must acquire a visa, and the procedures for doing so, are available from the Federal Foreign Office here.
If you need a visa, we strongly encourage you to begin the process early. It is recommended that you begin the application process at least three months before your travel.
In some cases, it will be necessary for you to obtain a letter from us stating that you will be attending the TPDL conference. The process for requesting a visa letter is as follows:
- Register for the conference.
- Send us your request for a visa letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Email address
- Will you be presenting at the conference? If so, the paper or session you will be presenting.
- To what post office address should the letter be mailed? (Street, City, State/province, Postal Code, Country).
- We will put the visa letter in the mail usually within 5 business days.
We are only able to generate visa letters for paid attendees and organizing committee members, so it is important that you registration for the conference before requesting a visa letter. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.